Happy 2007!

Happy 2007!

So I thought I’d give a run down of how my holidays went. Really not too bad, except for getting sick this past week – I’m blaming that one on my nephew Luke. I think he infected me on Christmas day!

Anyway, on Saturday, my whole family (dad’s side) got together. It has been, I think 4 years since we have all been together for Christmas. We took a picture, that once I get my hands on, I’ll share with everybody. Between KC and Michelle in China, me in Cali, my step-brother in the military, and my parents and step-sister in Pheonix, we just haven’t been able to all be together for Christmas. So that was a very nice treat!

On Christmas Eve, I had a fairly laid back day. I took my step-siblings to the airport, and came home and did some cooking. I got the job of making the egg casserole (a family tradition) for my brother’s house. I also told my mom I’d cover the chocolate pie this year. It’s my mom’s recipe, and it’s wonderful. I made it for the first time last year out in Cali, and it turned out well for me. It doesn’t look as pretty as my mom’s does, but it works, and she is always doing it last minute on Christmas day, so I volunteered. I think I just need to learn how to roll out the crust better, then I’ll have it. Anyway, I got to cooking and baking, and then headed up to church to serve in the gallery cafe, and attend one of the many Christmas Eve services.

Can I just say how nice it was to not have to be at a bajillion services this year. It was nice, but at the same time, I have to admit, I did kind of miss it.

After church, I went to KC and Michelle’s to drop off the egg casserole for the morning, and to pick up my chairs and silverware, that they had borrowed for my dad’s family gathering the night before. I then came home, and finished a bit of wrapping, and tucked myself in bed.

On Christmas morning, I headed over to KC and Michelle’s again, to have Christmas brunch with them, and watch the kids open their presents. That was fun! Then over to JJ and Erin’s to pick them up and head up to my mom’s house, which is where I spent the majority of the day. JJ, Erin and I headed back that evening, and we ended the day by watching Nacho Libre at their house!

Not too bad of day, and I must say, I made out pretty well on the gift front this year. I got several things on my list, which was nice! Here is the run down: some earrings, a small food processor, money from my dad (I bought a mixer and little coffee table bench thing I’d been eyeing at Target), a senseo coffee maker (fabulous! well actually I got a different one, but I ended up exchanging for the senseo – which i love!  Frothy coffe!), a food saver vacuum sealer thing, as well as a few other things. It seemed to be the year of kitchen appliances for me. Which is appropriate since I now have my own kitchen to use, and I’m loving it.

The rest of the week wasn’t so great, as I said before Luke infected me. I came home early two days from work, and just stayed home altogether on Friday. I did manage to feel good enough to go out to a friends house and hangout last night for new years eve. So I guess I can’t complain too much.

Hope you all had fabulous holidays!!!!