I survived

I survived

Or more appropriately, maybe I should say, I’m surviving, as I’m definitely still in the recovery stage. Still on the pain pills, and one side of my face is a little swollen yet, but I am most definitely on my way to healing up nicely with no complications.

I was definitely anxious going into it. One of the last things I remember before I was out, was laying there with the laughing gas starting to feel a little fuzzy, and thinking, if I changed my mind right now and decided I didn’t want to do this, I don’t think I’d be able to stop it at this point. Just after that they put in my IV, and if they ever asked me to count backwards from 10, I don’t remember it.

The next thing I remember is hearing my sister-in-law ask my brother if he needed to step outside. My brother doesn’t always do well with needles and medical issues. And apparently as I was coming to, they were explaining a bunch of medical type stuff to them, and taking out my IV.

I actually came out from the anesthesia pretty quickly and pretty well. I think the weirdest thing I said, was that my tongue felt big. KC and Michelle, took me to get my prescriptions filled, and brought me back home, then I had whole slew of friends and family taking shifts with me for the next 36 hours. I’ll write more about that later, and what I learned (am learning) from letting people help me.

I can’t say that it’s fun, but it’s definitely not as bad as I was fearing. I knew if I could just make it to the being put out point, I’d be fine afterwards, and relatively speaking I am. I don’t know that I’ll make it to church today, we’ll see – maybe tonight, but I am planning on working tomorrow, and getting back into the swing of things.

Thanks so much for everyone’s care, support and prayers. I am much appreciative. I don’t know if that’s really appropriate grammer, and now it’s telling me I just spelled grammer wrong, but I am still on those pain pills, so I’m going to let that be an excuse. Thanks again.